Sunday 17 May 2015

Thank you...

...all for the birthday greetings!
38 years and 12 days...

older? no denying it!

decaying? well, I get tired more quickly, but at the same time I'm always finding strength to keep trying doing good; physically, I might not be as fit as when I was training properly, but I'm getting lighter by the week, so I can still hold my ground when running, even with young guys (maybe , as pointed out by Mr.PhD, because I cheat by sprinting against under nourished locals?)

wiser? sometimes maybe so, sometimes not at all, especially as to family matters (ask poor love-starved wife and poor children, too often and too harshly rebuked)!

happy? never been happier than when I manage to provide some hope-help-relief to the desperate people I meet every day, or when I listen humbled and nearly in tears to the thanks and praises I receive from children and mothers, but the feeling doesn't last long, when I find out about the next miserable situation, when I hear the next child listing their problems and asking for support, when I discover the next injustice, when I realise how much I have and how much they lack and instead would deserve...

better? surely not more patient or more self-controlled, which would be quite welcome, but other aspects, especially as to faith and dedication to others, are improving...





No comments:

Post a Comment